Get Grant-Funded Skills Training for Your NJ Employees at No Tuition Cost to Them or Your Company
New Jersey Statewide Literacy Grant
The Basic Skills Workforce Training Grant was initiated in 2007 and is a partnership of the New Jersey Department of Labor, the New Jersey Business and Industry Association (NJBIA) and the New Jersey Community College Consortium for Workforce and Economic Development (Consortium). It is open to all New Jersey privately owned businesses and organizations. Participating employers must be in compliance with New Jersey tax law.
Basic skills or employability training is available in:
- Communications (written, verbal and customer service)
- English as a second language
- Mathematics & measurement
- PC Skills (Microsoft OS, Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Spanish in the workplace
- Other course offerings subject to availability
The training is grant funded and available to all your employees. Community college instructors will customize their course offerings to address the specific needs of your company. Classes can be held at your facilities (minimum of 10 employees) or at a nearby county college. Through this program, tens of thousands of employees with thousands of companies have received instruction.
Training can be delivered in one of two ways:
- Dedicated Classes – If your company wants to train groups of at least 10 employees in specific skills sets, the training sessions can be held at your facility.
- Open-Enrollment Classes – Individual employees or small groups of employees can join an open-enrollment class at a nearby community college location.
To learn more, contact Angela Androla @ 609–503–4403 or firstname.lastname@example.org