Growing Apprenticeship in Nontraditional Sectors
The NJ Community College Consortium for Workforce & Economic Development was awarded an apprenticeship grant by the New Jersey Department of Labor in March 2019. The purpose of the grant is to help upgrade the skills of employees and improve retention by offering formal apprenticeship programs that lead to career pathways at our community colleges through related education. The grant provides $2,000 of on-the-job-training wage reimbursement to manufacturers and also the cost of tuition for Related Technical Instruction at community colleges.
The apprenticeship occupations covered under the grant are:
- Machine Operator 1
- Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Other job titles subject to approval
Related technical instruction leading to college credit to be delivered at a nearby college or online.
- One-on-one supervisor to apprentice ratio
- Minimum starting wage $15/hour
- Minimum 30 day satisfactory employee status to be eligible
- Progressive wage increases
- Process reporting
For more information contact Joe Pranzatelli @ 973-615-8708 or email@example.com.